Easy, Peasy, Mac and Cheesy, Kickin Pot Pie
A mac and cheese pot pie recipe with broccoli and nacho jalapeño peppers for kick, topped with a puff pastry crust
Boyardeelicious Recipe Contest Finalist -- Submitted by Shannon, Windsor, CO
- 1 pkg (10 oz each) frozen 'steam in bag' broccoli cuts
- 2 cans (15 oz each) Chef Boyardee® Mac & Cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped nacho jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced fat (2%) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pkg (17.3 oz each) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Steam broccoli in microwave according to package directions; let stand 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together mac & cheese, jalapeños, Pepper Jack cheese, Cheddar cheese and milk in large bowl just until combined. Stir in broccoli.
- Divide mac & cheese mixture between 6 individual round baking dishes. Beat together egg and water to make egg wash.
- Cut puff pastry into 6 circles, slightly larger than top of each baking dish. Brush outer edge of each circle with egg wash. Place egg wash side DOWN on dish; lightly press pastry to edge of dishes. Brush top of crusts with additional egg wash. Cut slit in top of each crust for steam to escape. Place baking dishes on baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is hot.
|Amount per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total fat||36 g||56%|
|Saturated fat||14 g||72%|
|Dietary fiber||4 g||17%|
About our Nutrition Information
You have successfully submitted your rating or review for this recipe. If you submitted a review, please note that it might take up to 72 hours for your review to appear on our site.